< Return to previous page
< Return to previous page
|Title:||Professional Development Seminar - Human Spaceflight|
| Date(s):||May 22 - 24, 2012|
|Location:||Ohio Aerospace Institute, 22800 Cedar Point Road, Cleveland, OH|
|Category: ||Professional Development, TSTI|
"Every engineer could use this course and they should take it ASAP!"
– Johnson Space Center Engineer
"Useful for just about anyone in the aerospace industry."
– Kennedy Space Center Engineer
Mission Analysis and Design
|Date:||May 22 – 24, 2012||Sponsor:||TSTI|
|Time: ||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM||Cost:||$1,658.|
|Location:||OAI Cleveland, Ohio||Email Rebecca:||
This three to five day tailorable course provides the conceptual framework for developing human space missions starting from a blank sheet of paper. It describes and teaches the manned space mission design and analysis process. The entire course is process oriented to equip each participant with the practical tools to complete a conceptual design and analyze the impacts of evolving requirements.
At the end of this course you will be better able to tie mission elements together to perform tradeoffs between human spaceflight system design and mission operations. You will examine human space mission design using a systems engineering approach to translating space mission objectives, requirements, and constraints into viable and cost-effective systems and operations concepts. At the end of this course, you will be able to...
- Interpret and convert space mission objectives, requirements, and constraints into visible and cost-effective operations concepts
- Understand the space environment and its impact on humans and hardware
- Explain the physiology of space flight, human factors, and psychological aspects
- Describe a process-oriented approach for creating cost-effective space missions
- Describe the key functions that must be performed for mission operations
- Apply effective methodology for translating space mission objectives, requirements, and designs into viable and cost-effective operations concepts
- Explain the interrelationships and tradeoffs between system design and mission operation
Who Should Attend:
Program managers, engineers and scientists who need to understand the complete process involved in designing human space missions.
Each participant will receive:
- A copy of the course text Human Spaceflight by Larson and Pranke
- A complete set of course notes with copies of all slides used in the presentations
- TSTI Alumni status allowing on-line access to course materials, including tools and videos through the Alumni Lounge
REGISTRATION: You must register at www.oai.org/HumanSpaceflight-Reg/.
Additional registration may be required through your company.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Rebecca Evans Oriakhi at RebeccaEvans@oai.org.
|Follow OAI on Twitter || |